Free Play Florida
November 22-24, 2019
UPDATE 6/7/2019: Volunteer Application can be found at the bottom of this page!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Free Play Florida, the largest gaming event of its kind in the state of Florida!
You may not realize this, but everyone you see from the people selling tickets, all the way to the people who keep the games up and running are volunteer staff graciously donating their time and energy.
Volunteering at Free Play Florida requires some commitment of your time, but is a great way to make new friends and enjoy the convention with an added sense of camraderie. In addition, as we are a registered non-profit organziation, volunteer hours can be used for community service requirements! It’s also just a lot of fun!
If you are interested in becoming a Free Play volunteer, please review what volunteering entails:
What we expect from you:
- As a volunteer, you are expected to arrive for your shift on time, dressed appropriately (jeans or shorts and sneakers along with your staff shirt are the most comfortable), ready for work, and with a good attitude.
- We expect volunteers to treat each other, Free Play Florida patrons, and staff in the same manner that they would want to be treated: with respect and courteous attitude at all times.
- Volunteers should plan on pitching in when needed, working hard, and enjoying what the show has to offer.
What you can expect from us:
- As a volunteer you can expect to be a valuable part of the Free Play Florida production team. You can expect to be treated with courtesy and respect. We want this to be a positive experience for everyone involved.
- While there is a great deal of work for us to do, there is also time to make new friends and enjoy the show. Shift lengths run four to eight hours. Flexibility is a great asset! We do our best to know what’s coming, but things happen!
- You should expect to have fun!
Prior to the show all volunteers must attend an orientation meeting. This is our opportunity to share with you the show layout and job details, as well as meet the show coordinators and other volunteers. Dates and times to be announced, but there will be multiple identical meetings to ensure everyone can attend.
Applicants must be 18 years or older with a valid ID.
Once you have filled out the application, please take a moment to update your contacts with our info, and please keep an eye out for our emails. Our only means of getting you important information for the show is through email.
If your question was not answered here, please contact us at email@example.com.